I have to press hard on my brake pedal to get my brake lights go come on, is this normal? If not how can I fix it? My car is a Elise S1 1998
Billy
brake lights
- softlips
- Visitor
- Posts: 4841
- Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:16 pm
- Car Details: Currently Lotus less
- Location: Wath Upon Dearne, Rotherham
- Contact:
Never looked on the Elise but on most cars the on off switch for the brake lights is located on or just behind the pedal. They sometimes come loose which can mean the lights stay on thw whole time or only come on at furthest travel of the pedal. Have a look under there and see if you can fix the switch back in position.
- Moggy
- Visitor
- Posts: 3633
- Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:50 pm
- Car Details: MOR 15H pink/M10GGY Norfolk Mustard/XKR
- Location: M'bro
- Contact:
Bill, its a reasonably easy job to adjust but access is bad and a rubber arm rather than skin and bone helps, it is located under the front services hatch immediately infront of the steering wheel. 1/4 turn (IIRC) releases or locks the switch back in place if you have any bother sorting it out give me a shout
unforgiving studio lights brought out the best in our convertibles,from the Jaguars elegance to the 340R's madness
Its off a Ford if you need a new switch - about £4 I recall
Don't bin your old one. You can clean it up (which is all that goes wrong) takes 5 mins and a bit of contact cleaner.
Now you've got two you can swap them in and out when they get dirty and need changing!
Now you've got two you can swap them in and out when they get dirty and need changing!
I had a copy one it last 6 month plus and I only found out when it failed its mot and nearly set the car on fire (it was very very hot) went an got a gord one for about £10, it did look different to the copy one.
For the sake of a couple of quid I would get the proper one
For the sake of a couple of quid I would get the proper one
Cheers
Den
Den





