Crash M62 Selby ish

Seen another Lotus in the area?
banx22
Visitor
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 7:58 am
Car Details: S1 111s
Contact:

I was only a few cars behind you simon. Glad you are ok. The conditions were awful.
User avatar
Otis
Paid up member
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:19 pm
Car Details: S2 Elise in Magnetic Blue Pearl
Location: near York
Contact:

Very sorry to read this but glad that you are okay.
User avatar
dpollard
Visitor
Posts: 1980
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:22 pm
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Sorry to hear this Si - hope you're all okay fella. The insurance is there for the car - it's important that the occupants don't need it.

I had a twitch myself on Friday afternoon coming back from London on the A1. One localised downpoor and the road turned into a river. Even at 30 mph I felt the car go into an aquaplane. I was fortunate it was in a straight line....
Dave Pollard
User avatar
Si_F
Visitor
Posts: 2224
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:24 pm
Car Details: Back in a silver plastic car...
Location: Soyland
Contact:

Thanks Guy's. I can confirm both Laura and I are fine.

I'm absolutly gutted, but the main thing is that we are both fine and walked away from it. No-one else was involved, but the "what if's" are absolutly unthinkable (genuinly this scares the shit out of me and will take a bit of time to come to terms with). Speed wise I was coasting down from 55-60mph so the impact was massive and the car shows that. It was a far two quick a transition from slightly wet to a river across the cariageway with me carrying to much speed. No one else to blame to fast and it would have done the same at 35-40mph. I caught the bloody thing two/three times before puting it in the central reservation.

I've been on the phone to the insurance this morning, but its certain to be written of even with an agreed value of £15k. I have enquired about a price to buy it back and its currently being storred at my Brothers yard to keep costs down, but will have to see if I want to rebuild it straight away if at all.

Sadly I think I might be banned from buying another, as there is talk of a bigger house....

PS if your interested in a couple of LOT track days at LeMan in a couple of weeks get in touch, I'm not going to make these....

RIP

Image
Formerly known as S1mon :roll
User avatar
softlips
Visitor
Posts: 4841
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:16 pm
Car Details: Currently Lotus less
Location: Wath Upon Dearne, Rotherham
Contact:

Very sad to see another S1 lost :cry

Great pic too :?
User avatar
PaulT
Admin Team
Posts: 17438
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:32 am
Car Details: 250 Cup
Location: Near Normanton
Contact:

Sobering thoughts there Simon. You're a dab hand behind the wheel so it must've been a scary moment for you both.

Very glad to hear you're ok, everything else is just paperwork.
User avatar
Matt R
Paid up member
Posts: 10880
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:44 am
Car Details: Azure Blue S1 Elise
Location: East Yorks
Contact:

Aquaplaning is really scary stuff, well done on catching it, shame you couldn't catch it a fourth time :(

Great piccy

Was it on the Kumhos in the pic ?
User avatar
Joff
Visitor
Posts: 1075
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:00 am
Car Details: S1 Elise Shed, S2 Exige
Location: Swanland
Contact:

Sorry to hear that Si, Glad you're ok.

Sometimes those lakes just appear out of nowhere, unless you've hit one in an elise/exige you've no idea what aquaplaning is!
......It's time to start the Music, it's time to light the lights....
User avatar
Si_F
Visitor
Posts: 2224
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:24 pm
Car Details: Back in a silver plastic car...
Location: Soyland
Contact:

Matt R wrote:Aquaplaning is really scary stuff, well done on catching it, shame you couldn't catch it a fourth time :(

Great piccy

Was it on the Kumhos in the pic ?
Spoke to ben about his incident on the M62 a year or so back, he did the same but thankfully got away with it.

Picture brings a tear to my eye, one of many shot on a beutiful evening up above Todmorden near the windfarm. It was taken with the Kumhos on yes. Awsome underrated tyre IMHO
Formerly known as S1mon :roll
User avatar
Jamesy
Visitor
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:44 pm
Car Details: Orange S1
Location: South elmsall, Pontefract.
Contact:

I've had more than my fair share of accidents over the years, during my younger wilder years, most were down to me and i have no one else to blame, but those that weren't my fault really hurt even more than the rest. I feel your pain, and sympathise, having to possibly give it up makes it even harder, try all you can to either keep and repair the car or replace it. As said, no one was hurt and that is the main thing, but having to lose a car you love is like being kicked when you're down. :(
Lotus virgin. Not anymore, i've done it, i've bought one.
User avatar
hesslenaylor
Visitor
Posts: 2084
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:05 pm
Car Details: Elise 220 Sport Metallic orange
Location: Hessle
Contact:

My heart goes out to you.
Good to hear you are ok.

All the best Mark
David Thersby
Visitor
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:09 pm
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Really bad news, Si but pleased you guys walked away.
Dave
User avatar
SimonE
Visitor
Posts: 7252
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:37 am
Contact:

:down but :up

Great that all is ok with you and t'missus Si :D

Now not wanting to appear an Ambliwans chaser :judge - if you fancy buying it back from Ins co I know a chap who could be interested in buying it from you :up
User avatar
Si_F
Visitor
Posts: 2224
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:24 pm
Car Details: Back in a silver plastic car...
Location: Soyland
Contact:

SimonE wrote::down but :up

Great that all is ok with you and t'missus Si :D

Now not wanting to appear an Ambliwans chaser :judge - if you fancy buying it back from Ins co I know a chap who could be interested in buying it from you :up
Thanks Simon, I've no problems with your chap chasing it ;) I've already flagged up to the insurance that in the event of a total loss I'd be interested in retaining the salvage depending on the price of course. Its also being looked after properly as its in my brothers yard, so the good bits can't be nicked. I also know that an assessor is going to look at it this afternoon, so I'm hopefull for a speedy response from them.

I've been requested by Laura not to get another elise straight away as she's quite rightly very nervous of them, so Its likely that I'll either store, sell or break the salvage. I'm not abandoning the brand or the club as I think its such a part of my life, there is something about the philosphy that is right.
Formerly known as S1mon :roll
User avatar
pearman00
Visitor
Posts: 1618
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:55 pm
Car Details: S1 Elise
Contact:

Sorry to hear about your car, but you and your misses are ok
And suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension. Ayrton Senna
Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Semrush [Bot] and 1 guest