Elan Spyder Zetec build project

This area is for non-members of the club for asking questions, saying hello and general chat. Strictly no commercial advertising.
stratosboy
Visitor
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:42 pm
Car Details: Lotus Exige
Contact:

]]]Hi,
I've moved this from the for sale/wanted section:
recently bought this as an unfinished project and started to prepare body shell, which is a new moulding (sorry don't know where it came from)
010.JPG
010.JPG (350.95 KiB) Viewed 11924 times
[attachment=0]elan build 2012 011.JPG[/attachment
[attachment=0]elan build 2012 001.JPG[/attachment
[attachment=0]Oct 2012 172.JPG[/attachment
Attachments
Oct 2012 172.JPG
Oct 2012 172.JPG (457.53 KiB) Viewed 11924 times
elan build 2012 001.JPG
elan build 2012 001.JPG (215.67 KiB) Viewed 11924 times
elan build 2012 011.JPG
elan build 2012 011.JPG (365.02 KiB) Viewed 11924 times
User avatar
Matt R
Paid up member
Posts: 10880
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:44 am
Car Details: Azure Blue S1 Elise
Location: East Yorks
Contact:

Shiny :bravo
User avatar
Thommo
Paid up member
Posts: 1812
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:08 pm
Car Details: S1 Exige
Location: Churchtown,Lancs
Contact:

Lots of nice shiny nuts and bolts, too.
User avatar
softlips
Visitor
Posts: 4841
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:16 pm
Car Details: Currently Lotus less
Location: Wath Upon Dearne, Rotherham
Contact:

Great project :bravo
stratosboy
Visitor
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:42 pm
Car Details: Lotus Exige
Contact:

a couple of new developments:
Feb 2013 018.JPG
Feb 2013 018.JPG (268.61 KiB) Viewed 11804 times
Feb 2013 017.JPG
Feb 2013 017.JPG (254.92 KiB) Viewed 11804 times
Feb 2013 013.JPG
Feb 2013 013.JPG (225.54 KiB) Viewed 11804 times
Feb 2013 012.JPG
Feb 2013 012.JPG (248.25 KiB) Viewed 11804 times
Feb 2013 011.JPG
Feb 2013 011.JPG (195.49 KiB) Viewed 11804 times
User avatar
DunxS1
Visitor
Posts: 592
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:48 pm
Car Details: New ally S1
Location: Liversedge, West Yorks
Contact:

Great thread, keep up the updates and pictures, really interesting project. :bravo
User avatar
elanman999
Visitor
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:49 pm
Location: N Yorks
Contact:

It's good to see the progress being made. Keep up the good work.
Cheers
John
Elan and +2
User avatar
Baldy FF
Visitor
Posts: 3137
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:15 pm
Car Details: AUDI V10 SPYDER & PORSCHE 718
Location: YORKSHIRE
Contact:

:bravo
Baldy FF

When you are as good looking as me - nothing else really matters!!!!
stratosboy
Visitor
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:42 pm
Car Details: Lotus Exige
Contact:

July 2013 006.JPG
July 2013 006.JPG (97.49 KiB) Viewed 11497 times
July 2013 007.JPG
July 2013 007.JPG (103.2 KiB) Viewed 11497 times

a bit further on, not far off painting now...winter project dash is almost finished.
I'll post more as we go on.
User avatar
Doug
Visitor
Posts: 2249
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 8:03 pm
Car Details: S4 Elan, S2 Elan & Scruffy
Location: Darfield nr. Barnsley
Contact:

The purists ain't gonna like the dash, but I do :up

Looks like you are going to have a real individual Elan, more pics when you can.

Doug :oldie
Old Lotus don't die they get fixed and if it cannot be fixed with a BIG hammer then you have an electrical problem.
stratosboy
Visitor
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:42 pm
Car Details: Lotus Exige
Contact:

Hiya Doug,
Oh...there's a lot with this elan that will upset the purists!! ...ask me if I care?
It will be how I build it and it will be different.
I'll post more as I go on, still messing with doors to get good fit! - these take a while don't they?
Best wishes
Dave
User avatar
Doug
Visitor
Posts: 2249
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 8:03 pm
Car Details: S4 Elan, S2 Elan & Scruffy
Location: Darfield nr. Barnsley
Contact:

stratosboy wrote:Hiya Doug,
Oh...there's a lot with this elan that will upset the purists!! ...ask me if I care?
It will be how I build it and it will be different.
I'll post more as I go on, still messing with doors to get good fit! - these take a while don't they?
Best wishes
Dave
Hi Dave,

I guessed you didn't care ;) I am looking forward to seeing your efforts in the flesh as and when :up
Good luck with the doors they are :poo aren't they :roll

Doug :oldie
Old Lotus don't die they get fixed and if it cannot be fixed with a BIG hammer then you have an electrical problem.
stratosboy
Visitor
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:42 pm
Car Details: Lotus Exige
Contact:

another quick updaye...this came today:
Elan BDA cover 001.JPG
Elan BDA cover 001.JPG (160.88 KiB) Viewed 11455 times
so I put it on:
Elan BDA cover 013.JPG
Elan BDA cover 013.JPG (193.23 KiB) Viewed 11455 times
Elan BDA cover 009.JPG
Elan BDA cover 009.JPG (176.13 KiB) Viewed 11455 times
User avatar
Doug
Visitor
Posts: 2249
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 8:03 pm
Car Details: S4 Elan, S2 Elan & Scruffy
Location: Darfield nr. Barnsley
Contact:

Ho ho, I am liking it more by the minute Dave :bravo

By the way have you decided on body colour yet ?

I know you don't live over Yorkshire way but you must come and see us at one of our monthly meetings, next year perhaps ?
There will be plenty of bearded chaps wanting to nosey in the engine bay :up

Keep up the good work, oh I see you tested the water on lotuselan.net about the dash.
There are plenty of folk on there who will appreciate your car though.

Doug :oldie

P.S I see you are stocked up with fruit to spend some time in the garage. ;)
Old Lotus don't die they get fixed and if it cannot be fixed with a BIG hammer then you have an electrical problem.
stratosboy
Visitor
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:42 pm
Car Details: Lotus Exige
Contact:

Thanks Doug,
I'll definately come over to one of your meets, hoping to be all done by next year,
I'll bring my mate with his 3000 Austin Healy
Keep in touch and let me know when and where.
It's going to be lotus yellow over white - sprint colours.
Should have taken the pics next to the beer fridge, not the fruit bowl!!
more soon,,,
Dave
Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests