Heading to the Buckles Inn for a scout around.

This area is for non-members of the club for asking questions, saying hello and general chat. Strictly no commercial advertising.
User avatar
Ishy
Admin Team
Posts: 2437
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 11:16 pm
Car Details: Elise 111R..SC
Location: York
Contact:

albutch wrote:
yasmar wrote:Some of the members have purple knobs and best avoided. :ymca
Some wear 'T' shirts produced by three year olds. :halo
Some stand around for years bemoaning their weight loss only to add weight by applying some odd black ink). :homer
Some are "not being fanny' (and trust me they are not). :smurf
Some bring a different woman to every meeting. :naughty
Some can't find a woman (sorry Rasputin). :love
Some are just plain boring talking about their Lotus. :zzz
Some of them come in Porsches and talk about Lotus. :anchor
Some pretend to be journalists (do not go near the one from the Daily Star). :poker
None of the S1 drivers have :8ball
RobD is so small you won't notice him anyway. :roll
Those with beards speak a different language and are really from Mars (Venus if they drive a S1).
You will recognise the members from Yorkshire from the chip on their shoulder. :poo
Bald members tend to be the loudest. :woo
Older members tend to sit in the corner. : :oldie
Doug is the one with the interpreter. :monkey
Dave is the one without the joke book. :vomit
Moggy is the one you don't leave your girlfriend/boyfriend with. Jane you definately would. :moggy
Some are sarcastic all the time Hogan just some of it. :food
PT is in fact a geek. :nerd
SJW wants your money. :10p
Ishy always has a lot on his plate. :pat
Some organise great events.
Some are accomplished competitors (one definately isn't).
Some are leaders, others just follow.
Some are gregarious, some are reserved.
Some have great cars, some think they have.
Some drive really fast some can drive fast.
Some are close friends, others are not.
Some join in straight away others take their time.
Some are keyboard warriors, others observe.
Bed is somewhere you eat. :dsb

I can perhaps see why you may have found saying hello difficult.
Next time 'Just do it'

:judge
Have you forgotten me already?
:shock He's alive :wavey back from the future?
yasmar
Visitor
Posts: 2534
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:39 pm
Car Details: Stolen by the state.
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Who is this??? :police

Mr Ishy :pat you know what :handbag said about keeping this thread going :shock



:judge
:judge Almost sponsored by Ishy :pat and not forgetting the important contribution of Mrs :handbag :10p :conker
User avatar
LEE71
Visitor
Posts: 847
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:38 am
Location: MARSKE-BY-THE-SEA
Contact:

A top tip from me would be to travel with other members who live in your area. I found this useful when back in the day a run down to the Buckles was organised. Its a lot easier to turn up with other members if your new.

I've not been for a while for a variety of reasons but give it a second chance. :bravo

Where do you live?
User avatar
El-ahrairah
Paid up member
Posts: 1857
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:12 am
Car Details: Aspen White Exige S
Contact:

LEE71 wrote:A top tip from me would be to travel with other members who live in your area. I found this useful when back in the day a run down to the Buckles was organised. Its a lot easier to turn up with other members if your new.

I've not been for a while for a variety of reasons but give it a second chance. :bravo

Where do you live?
I live Howden/goole way. Closest people I'd assume would be in York. It's not a bad tip. I guess I just assumed when turning up and getting out I'd get a hello off somebody. My mistake I suppose. Will consider coming again.
M7EXG
Visitor
Posts: 1299
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:11 pm
Car Details: 250 CUP + 340R + S1 Exige + 260 Cup
Location: Yorkshire Wolds
Contact:

El-ahrairah wrote:
Will consider coming again.
Image
yasmar
Visitor
Posts: 2534
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:39 pm
Car Details: Stolen by the state.
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

image.jpg
image.jpg (102.77 KiB) Viewed 10489 times
Yes!


:judge
:judge Almost sponsored by Ishy :pat and not forgetting the important contribution of Mrs :handbag :10p :conker
User avatar
Thommo
Paid up member
Posts: 1812
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:08 pm
Car Details: S1 Exige
Location: Churchtown,Lancs
Contact:

Honestly, you turn your back for five minutes and a fight breaks out. :roll

I was lucky enough to meet Nyloc1 and gang at a car show on the other side of the Pennines .Then I was introduced to the delights of a Nyloc meeting by two existing members (both, like me, from Lancashire) and have never looked back.

Please try again . . .Yasmar might even add an apt description of you to his very comprehensive, and amusing, list. :judge
Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest