Page 5 of 5

Re: Heading to the Buckles Inn for a scout around.

Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:35 pm
by Ishy
albutch wrote:
yasmar wrote:Some of the members have purple knobs and best avoided. :ymca
Some wear 'T' shirts produced by three year olds. :halo
Some stand around for years bemoaning their weight loss only to add weight by applying some odd black ink). :homer
Some are "not being fanny' (and trust me they are not). :smurf
Some bring a different woman to every meeting. :naughty
Some can't find a woman (sorry Rasputin). :love
Some are just plain boring talking about their Lotus. :zzz
Some of them come in Porsches and talk about Lotus. :anchor
Some pretend to be journalists (do not go near the one from the Daily Star). :poker
None of the S1 drivers have :8ball
RobD is so small you won't notice him anyway. :roll
Those with beards speak a different language and are really from Mars (Venus if they drive a S1).
You will recognise the members from Yorkshire from the chip on their shoulder. :poo
Bald members tend to be the loudest. :woo
Older members tend to sit in the corner. : :oldie
Doug is the one with the interpreter. :monkey
Dave is the one without the joke book. :vomit
Moggy is the one you don't leave your girlfriend/boyfriend with. Jane you definately would. :moggy
Some are sarcastic all the time Hogan just some of it. :food
PT is in fact a geek. :nerd
SJW wants your money. :10p
Ishy always has a lot on his plate. :pat
Some organise great events.
Some are accomplished competitors (one definately isn't).
Some are leaders, others just follow.
Some are gregarious, some are reserved.
Some have great cars, some think they have.
Some drive really fast some can drive fast.
Some are close friends, others are not.
Some join in straight away others take their time.
Some are keyboard warriors, others observe.
Bed is somewhere you eat. :dsb

I can perhaps see why you may have found saying hello difficult.
Next time 'Just do it'

:judge
Have you forgotten me already?
:shock He's alive :wavey back from the future?

Re: Heading to the Buckles Inn for a scout around.

Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:43 pm
by yasmar
Who is this??? :police

Mr Ishy :pat you know what :handbag said about keeping this thread going :shock



:judge

Re: Heading to the Buckles Inn for a scout around.

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:00 am
by LEE71
A top tip from me would be to travel with other members who live in your area. I found this useful when back in the day a run down to the Buckles was organised. Its a lot easier to turn up with other members if your new.

I've not been for a while for a variety of reasons but give it a second chance. :bravo

Where do you live?

Re: Heading to the Buckles Inn for a scout around.

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:15 am
by El-ahrairah
LEE71 wrote:A top tip from me would be to travel with other members who live in your area. I found this useful when back in the day a run down to the Buckles was organised. Its a lot easier to turn up with other members if your new.

I've not been for a while for a variety of reasons but give it a second chance. :bravo

Where do you live?
I live Howden/goole way. Closest people I'd assume would be in York. It's not a bad tip. I guess I just assumed when turning up and getting out I'd get a hello off somebody. My mistake I suppose. Will consider coming again.

Re: Heading to the Buckles Inn for a scout around.

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:13 pm
by M7EXG
El-ahrairah wrote:
Will consider coming again.
Image

Re: Heading to the Buckles Inn for a scout around.

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:30 pm
by yasmar
image.jpg
image.jpg (102.77 KiB) Viewed 10498 times
Yes!


:judge

Re: Heading to the Buckles Inn for a scout around.

Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:13 pm
by Thommo
Honestly, you turn your back for five minutes and a fight breaks out. :roll

I was lucky enough to meet Nyloc1 and gang at a car show on the other side of the Pennines .Then I was introduced to the delights of a Nyloc meeting by two existing members (both, like me, from Lancashire) and have never looked back.

Please try again . . .Yasmar might even add an apt description of you to his very comprehensive, and amusing, list. :judge