Page 1 of 1

Orange S1 Exige in Horsforth

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:19 pm
by chevronb37
I had the roof off and we exchanged a :bravo Looks awesome, if I had a weekend-only car, that'd be it!

Re: Orange S1 Exige in Horsforth

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:29 pm
by moose
Why is an Exige a weekend car and an elise isn't then?!

Re: Orange S1 Exige in Horsforth

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:45 pm
by albutch
'Cos he's got an Elise for the weekdays already :bravo

Re: Orange S1 Exige in Horsforth

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:54 pm
by chevronb37
moose wrote:Why is an Exige a weekend car and an elise isn't then?!
Four reasons (and these are all entirely personal so I understand others may disagree) -

- The S1 Exige is a rare and precious car. Commuting every day to Castleford in one would, in my opinion, waste it totally. An Elise is also precious, but not in such limited supply and still in production.
- I'd worry about the reliability doing 15,000 miles a year. Although I'd happily stand corrected over that.
- I'd also worry about the visibility, as I find the Elise restrictive enough. To do the rush hour traffic daily through the winter with no rear window would worry me.
- I don't have enough confidence in my own car control to run something with semi-slick tyres in streaming rain.

I hope that makes sense. I admire the Exige massively and would love to run one, but would prefer to keep it pristine and use it only when appropriate.

Re: Orange S1 Exige in Horsforth

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:54 pm
by chevronb37
albutch wrote:'Cos he's got an Elise for the weekdays already :bravo

That too :lol