Page 1 of 1

flexi down pipe (s1 elise)

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:00 pm
by steve30b
any one got a good condition flexi down pipe they want to sell for my s1 elise..
thanks steve..

Re: flexi down pipe (s1 elise)

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:57 pm
by softlips
Try Junls on Seloc if you want a used one?

They do damage easy once removed though - I got a new one from Bell & Colvill (and for a very low price as the website was wrong butthey honoured it).

Re: flexi down pipe (s1 elise)

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:09 pm
by Matt R
I've got a month old MGF* stainless down-pipe in the garage sat doing nowt

It made a tizz noise when I fitted it so I bought a second hand elise one off eBay (just checked for you, there aren't any sorry) when I set about taking it off I noticed that one of the manifold bolts was loose and that was what was causing the tizz noise :homer

PM me an offer if you're interested, it's just sat in there as a spare

Matt.




*contrary to popular belief that these fit straight on, turns out there's a hanger in the wrong place but mine has it re-welded in the right place.

Re: flexi down pipe (s1 elise)

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:49 pm
by Andy W
Does the MGF fit OK ? When i fitted my downpipe from elise parts (made by miltex) i spotted that the MGF brackets are not in the same possition

that could just be the miltex type

Re: flexi down pipe (s1 elise)

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:47 pm
by Moggy
Andy W wrote:Does the MGF fit OK ? When i fitted my downpipe from elise parts (made by miltex) i spotted that the MGF brackets are not in the same possition

that could just be the miltex type
The hanger IIRC is on the wrong way round and in the wrong place

Re: flexi down pipe (s1 elise)

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:58 pm
by Matt R
Matt R wrote:*contrary to popular belief that these fit straight on, turns out there's a hanger in the wrong place but mine has it re-welded in the right place.

I don't know why I bother typing sometimes Watson !

Re: flexi down pipe (s1 elise)

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:47 am
by Andy W
oops sorry Matt :oops

Re: flexi down pipe (s1 elise)

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:59 am
by Matt R
It's your birthday I forgive you :cake

Re: flexi down pipe (s1 elise)

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:33 pm
by nigelh
I have one of the stainless ones bought from Eliseparts that's been replaced by a 4-2-1 manifold this week. Seems to be in good condition, and no sign of problems before it came off.

Give me a shout if you'd like to see any pics or anything

Re: flexi down pipe (s1 elise)

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:10 pm
by Andy W
Matt R wrote:It's your birthday I forgive you :cake
Cheers Matt, I will try to read all the letters and words next time...then ask whats best go buy something else and then come back and ask how to use it :bow

Woof Woof !!