Page 1 of 1

Finally a Lotus owner!

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:58 pm
by Paul S
After painstaking efforts to piece together the service history (see my previous thread to read about my dilemma!), I finally picked up my Elise 111s yesterday.

Brief spec:
Starlight black with gloss black wheels
Hurricane induction kit with carbon fibre can
Piper 4-2-1 manifold
B+C sports exhaust
Sports cat
Goodridge braided brake hoses
Carbon fibre cam cover
Carbon fibre hard top

Looks and sounds amazing - so much fun to drive.

Only downside to the weekend - coming home from collecting the car to find my first speeding ticket in 8 years on my door mat. Unbelievable timing!

Wont make the meet on Tuesday but will hopefully get to the March one to join up and say hi. No doubt by then I'll have a list of questions for you all. Thanks again to those of you that offered advice whilst I was deliberating - definitely helped in the decision making!

Paul

Re: Finally a Lotus owner!

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:05 pm
by softlips
Welcome! Great power delivery on the 111S, great choice (despite being an S2)!

Re: Finally a Lotus owner!

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:49 pm
by Matt R
Good work, get enjoying it :bravo

Re: Finally a Lotus owner!

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:28 pm
by chevronb37
Well done, Paul! How does that cover fit? Bring the car round to show me one evening soon, mate :bravo

Re: Finally a Lotus owner!

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:34 pm
by Paul S
The cover seems to do the trick size wise - cheers Andy. It's getting it's first rain test today so we'll see if anything gets through.

Yeah I'll definitely have to pop round - maybe when the evenings start getting lighter otherwise you won't be able to see it :D

Re: Finally a Lotus owner!

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:59 pm
by PaulT
Excellent - congrats on your purchase, you'll love it I'm sure.
And if I may be so bold...remember... go steady in the wet, especially until you get used to it. :bravo

Re: Finally a Lotus owner!

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:11 pm
by Paul S
Thanks, it's very much a weekend car so if it's wet the cover will most likely be staying on. Having said that I'm sure there'll be occasions where the great English 'summer' catches us out :)

Re: Finally a Lotus owner!

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:44 pm
by chevronb37
Great stuff, enjoy it! And don't worry about rain ingress, it's called "character" ;)

Re: Finally a Lotus owner!

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:37 pm
by hesslenaylor
Hi
Enjoy the experience and smile :bravo
I am still smiling :D
Mark