Page 1 of 2

Lotus europa

Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:50 am
by Jimmy
Hello all my name is jim I'm trying to find someone who has a lotus Europa near Sheffield , reason is my work mate has got his 60th bday on the 3 apr and I would love him to have a go in 1,he used to have I back in the 70s and loved it ive tried really hard to find a car I've been in contact with lotus hq and the owners club but no luck if any 1 can help call me on 07801748033 cheers jim.

Re: Lotus europa

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:14 pm
by Europatc
Hello Jimmy
lovely thought. When you say you would love him to have a go in one are you meaning to ride shot gun or to get behind the wheel? It would be a big ask to let some one loose with your pride and joy but not so bad if they just want to reminisce.
It might help if you clarify that point
Hope you get sorted
all the best
Stuart

Re: Lotus europa

Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:37 pm
by Jimmy
Yeh sorry everyone ill clarify my request even if he could ride shot gun would be fantastic !! The reg of his old car was ltb 649k if anyone could try and find out if its still around . I really do apreciate you all looking and any help that is around cheers jimmy .

Re: Lotus europa

Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:31 pm
by elanman999
Jimmy,
The DVLA indicates that the tax ran out in 1986. It has never been registered as a "historic vehicle".
You can check here https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/
Cheers
John

Re: Lotus europa

Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:55 am
by Europatc
John good evening,
thats a good site. I've just checked on my cars from the seventies. They are both on the road still. The JPS one is now yellow and the lagoon blue over white is now red. Good to know that they are still out there though
cheers
Stuart :coot

Re: Lotus europa

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:25 pm
by Jimmy
Hi pal yr cars look great esp the Europa where are u based are u near Sheffield ? Cheers jim

Re: Lotus europa

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:29 pm
by Europatc
Jimmy Im just outside of Hull where the Humber bridge is A place called Hessle
:coot

Re: Lotus europa

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:11 pm
by Jimmy
Thanks for yr reply do u know anyone closer to Sheffield with a Europa ? Cheers jim

Re: Lotus europa

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:24 pm
by Europatc
Hello Jimmy I dont Im afraid. There probably be someone but if they're not in NYLOC then they probably won't get to see your posting. You could try contacting club lotus. You can contact them on 01362 691144 or e mail them [email protected]
best of luck
Stuart
:coot

Re: Lotus europa

Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:45 pm
by Jimmy
Hi pal did that weeks before Xmas and they have been very kind they put my plea out and I did get some nice people email me but they all live down south a long way down south !! So they could not help I'm running out of ideas I can get my pal a fun day at the lotus track and a view round the works or a race day at donnington park in a lotus that's no prob but I really wanted him to sit in a Europa once more ! Please keep yr ear to the ground I've got till apr 3rd cheers jim

Re: Lotus europa

Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:55 pm
by Europatc
will do Jimmy. Send me your telephone number if you like so I can contact you at short notice
all the best
Stuart :coot

Re: Lotus europa

Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:08 pm
by Jimmy
Cheers pal I really do apreciate you taking notice of my situation and my contact number is 0780 1748033 thanks jim

Re: Lotus europa

Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:07 pm
by Europatc
No problem Jimi
good hunting
Stuart
If your ever around these parts Ill gladly take him a spin :coot

Re: Lotus europa

Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:26 am
by Dennis
Club lotus have a meet near Sheffield, I think it is the first Wednesday of the month, I presume it is in a pub so nothing preventing you from gate crashing ;) and making your plea in person.

They meet here http://www.wheatsheafpubbaslow.co.uk from about 7:30

They should be easy to spot :oldie :oldie :oldie :oldie :oldie :bravo

Re: Lotus europa

Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:32 pm
by Jimmy
Cheers pal that's really usfull I know the pub ! It's only 20 mins away don't suppose u have a contact no for that club ?