Page 1 of 2
cars in the park
Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:44 pm
by memotron
hi all,
is anybody going to cars in the park 7th may at newby hall north yorkshie.
I have never been is it worth going
thanks

Re: cars in the park
Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:48 pm
by Dennis
I have been and would go again as nice meets at nice locations but the dates always seem to clash
Re: cars in the park
Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:58 pm
by Steve&Janey
i might go. went to lotherton hall last year that was good, some nice motors there..
Re: cars in the park
Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:56 am
by Markizok
I'll be there - booked my ticket a few weeks back. Really enjoyed last year, the xj220 was my highlight!
Re: cars in the park
Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:56 pm
by Rick101
Markizok wrote:I'll be there - booked my ticket a few weeks back. Really enjoyed last year, the xj220 was my highlight!
Silverstone Classic they are looking at getting together 50 XJ220's for the 25th Anniversary

Re: cars in the park
Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:58 pm
by Markizok
Jeeze.... that will be impressive, although i would rather see this:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dNmUkkTaz-U/U ... sic-02.jpg
Re: cars in the park
Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:03 pm
by AdG Elise SC
I'd be well up for going to the 7th May one. Does the club normally get discounted tickets or anything or is it best to just buy online?
Re: cars in the park
Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:56 pm
by Markizok
I just booked online, but that was before I got the lotus - I endowed them on Monday to change them to the new car
Re: cars in the park
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:49 pm
by sjw
Never fails to surprise me how few Nyloc members attend these CITP events.
But it makes sense: A collection of between nearly 500 sports and performance cars, at a local venue, with considerably easier parking than any of the 'Supercar' meets.
I used to go myself in the early days at Bolton Abbey, and Lotus were always heavily outnumbered by TVRs.
Admit I have not supported it recently: This year could be different

Re: cars in the park
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:06 pm
by memotron
hi all think I will go to this event just had a sprint wrap to my elise so you can comment
like or not

Re: cars in the park
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:09 pm
by sjw
memotron wrote:hi all think I will go to this event just had a sprint wrap to my elise so you can comment
like or not

Already discussed, if you joined Nyloc you would know

Re: cars in the park
Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:30 am
by Baldy FF
I am going along with a few NYLOCERS.
Sign up and you can join us

Re: cars in the park
Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:46 am
by Rick101
I have booked but listed with a different club as there doesn't seem to be much interest here.
I think only a single booking from NYLOC so far. Bit disappointing.
Re: cars in the park
Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:55 pm
by JohnB
Baldy FF wrote:I am going along with a few NYLOCERS.
I'll be one of them.
Re: cars in the park
Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:02 pm
by Nyloc 1
Rick101 wrote:I have booked but listed with a different club as there doesn't seem to be much interest here.
I think only a single booking from NYLOC so far. Bit disappointing.
I've not been to any of these events recently, I'd rather go to a proper car show with a few stalls to look round and where we can all park together for a few hours. I've got Lotus tunnel vision I'm afraid, not really interested in other makes
