Orange S1 Exige in Horsforth

Seen another Lotus in the area?
Post Reply
User avatar
chevronb37
Visitor
Posts: 3102
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:13 pm
Car Details: S1 Exige / 997.1 Turbo
Contact:

I had the roof off and we exchanged a :bravo Looks awesome, if I had a weekend-only car, that'd be it!
moose
Visitor
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:58 pm
Car Details: DB7 Vantage
Location: Chapel Allerton
Contact:

Why is an Exige a weekend car and an elise isn't then?!
User avatar
albutch
Visitor
Posts: 9585
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:43 pm
Car Details: Elise S2 111S and Excel SA
Location: Dunrobin
Contact:

'Cos he's got an Elise for the weekdays already :bravo
If it is still, take a photo of it. If it moves, take a photo of it.
User avatar
chevronb37
Visitor
Posts: 3102
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:13 pm
Car Details: S1 Exige / 997.1 Turbo
Contact:

moose wrote:Why is an Exige a weekend car and an elise isn't then?!
Four reasons (and these are all entirely personal so I understand others may disagree) -

- The S1 Exige is a rare and precious car. Commuting every day to Castleford in one would, in my opinion, waste it totally. An Elise is also precious, but not in such limited supply and still in production.
- I'd worry about the reliability doing 15,000 miles a year. Although I'd happily stand corrected over that.
- I'd also worry about the visibility, as I find the Elise restrictive enough. To do the rush hour traffic daily through the winter with no rear window would worry me.
- I don't have enough confidence in my own car control to run something with semi-slick tyres in streaming rain.

I hope that makes sense. I admire the Exige massively and would love to run one, but would prefer to keep it pristine and use it only when appropriate.
User avatar
chevronb37
Visitor
Posts: 3102
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:13 pm
Car Details: S1 Exige / 997.1 Turbo
Contact:

albutch wrote:'Cos he's got an Elise for the weekdays already :bravo

That too :lol
Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest