New Owner

This area is for non-members of the club for asking questions, saying hello and general chat. Strictly no commercial advertising.
User avatar
Fonzey
Paid up member
Posts: 579
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:06 pm
Car Details: Lotus Exige S
Contact:

Hi all, after a fairly long search I've finally placed a deposit on a Lotus and should be the proud owner this weekend with any luck! As a result it's probably worth introducing myself.

After selling my previous track and daily all-in-one Subaru, I decided I wanted to move onto a dedicated daily driver with a dedicated weekend/track car too. An Elise was a fairly obvious choice, but I did seriously weigh up VX220, Exige and a Lotus 7 style kit too.

I ended up rounding on the 111R spec car, saw one in the flesh @ Jon Seals place in Castleford late in 2015 but unfortunately was still stuck with the Subaru and couldn't buy at that time. The 111R market has been slow since then, but I went down to Essex last weekend to view a laser blue one.

The car checked out, at least as far as I could tell and it's a Lotus specialist dealer car with warranty - so hopefully I'm good.

I'll be hoping to attend a number of trackdays this year, my usual tracks being Blyton and Cadwell and I do enjoy meets/drives out on good roads in the summer. The car also has a bit of scope for improvement, a suspension refresh included so I'll be taking a few jobs on too.

I'm hoping to attend a NYLOC meet ASAP, maybe even next week(?). As a side note, I moved into my house around a year ago and the inside of the garage door has a NYLOC membership sticker on it from a previous owner - so perhaps I was destined to end up here :bravo

EDIT: I'm based near Selby :wavey
User avatar
Crouchy
Visitor
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:45 pm
Car Details: Primer Grey Exige V6
Location: Barnsley
Contact:

Hi and welcome to the club.
It would be great if you could join us next tuesday evening at the Buckles Inn. At winter meets most people will be indoors but dont be afraid to introduce yourself.
User avatar
Rick101
Paid up member
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:08 am
Car Details: Orange Exige 350
Location: York
Contact:

Welcome.

111R here to. Fantastic car.

Intrigued to know whose old house it was. What are the chances!
User avatar
Fonzey
Paid up member
Posts: 579
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:06 pm
Car Details: Lotus Exige S
Contact:

Thanks both, no danger of me being too shy at Buckles... are you guys easy to spot?!

Sticker for reference!

Image2016-01-19_10-06-06 by Kyle Townend, on Flickr
User avatar
pearman00
Visitor
Posts: 1618
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:55 pm
Car Details: S1 Elise
Contact:

welcome to NYLOC :wavey


Tony :smurf
And suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension. Ayrton Senna
User avatar
Dennis
Visitor
Posts: 4840
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:33 pm
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

Hi there and welcome.

We have a euro track day booked with lotus on track at the end of may, spring bank Holiday weekend.

Come to the meet next week to join up and then book on for a great fun and value for money weekend :bravo
Cheers

Den
User avatar
Crouchy
Visitor
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:45 pm
Car Details: Primer Grey Exige V6
Location: Barnsley
Contact:

At least 50% of members will be wearing nyloc or lotus branded shirts so at least some will be easily spotted. Plus on a Tuesday evening we make up most of the customers.
The sticker is quite a cool coincidence, it will be interesting to see if anyone knows who it might be.

And you should definitely book on the France trip.
User avatar
PaulT
Admin Team
Posts: 17438
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:32 am
Car Details: 250 Cup
Location: Near Normanton
Contact:

Bear in mind while we have plenty of people in the bar area, in one of the main rooms the meeting takes place, usually sort of 8.30 - 9 give or take. There will be very few pub regulars vs NYLOC members and if you just ask, someone will talk to you about the club and perhaps introduce you around. I'm hoping to be there, ask for someone to point out "PT" and I'll do the intros. :bravo
User avatar
Fonzey
Paid up member
Posts: 579
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:06 pm
Car Details: Lotus Exige S
Contact:

Thanks again all.

The France trip looks very tempting. Do people normally drive over the day before, get a hotel - do the track day and one more night then come home on the following day?

The Wife and I are planning a trip in the summer hols (she's a teacher) to cover the EU must-do's such as Stelvio, including a trip back to Monaco (we like it there) so hopefully this car is a reliable one!
User avatar
El-ahrairah
Paid up member
Posts: 1857
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:12 am
Car Details: Aspen White Exige S
Contact:

Welcome.

Hope to see you at the Buckles meet next week if you can make it.

Regards
Mike
User avatar
sjw
Admin Team
Posts: 3476
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:45 am
Car Details: Elise 250 Cup
Location: Bradford
Contact:

Fonzey wrote:The France trip looks very tempting. Do people normally drive over the day before, get a hotel - do the track day and one more night then come home on the following day?
The package we have is for NYLOC members only and includes the hotel (3 nights) and track day on Mon 30 May (bank hol) all in for around £250.
(Subject to LoT still being able to get the hotel deal, since most of us booked some months ago)
In addition there is the Channel tunnel, and of course food & drink (lots of the latter :beers )
We tend to drive down the UK on Saturday, free day Sunday, Track Monday, return Tuesday
User avatar
Dennis
Visitor
Posts: 4840
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:33 pm
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

I am stopping a few extra days in France to do the Normandy beaches with Lucas so you do not have to stick to the Nyloc schedule if you fancy making the most of the school hols :0)
Cheers

Den
M7EXG
Visitor
Posts: 1299
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:11 pm
Car Details: 250 CUP + 340R + S1 Exige + 260 Cup
Location: Yorkshire Wolds
Contact:

Dennis wrote:I am stopping a few extra days in France to do the Normandy beaches with Lucas so you do not have to stick to the Nyloc schedule if you fancy making the most of the school hols :0)
Great plan Dennis, PaulM and I planned to do Normandy but only got as far as Pegasus Bridge :( but that alone was worth it :)

Welcome Fonzey :up
User avatar
Nyloc 1
Admin Team
Posts: 5854
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:25 pm
Contact:

Hi Fonzey, welcome to Nyloc and hope to see you at The Buckles. :wavey Hope you enjoy the Elise, best colour! (Same as my Elise S) :bravo
I'm intrigued who the previous Nyloc member was who left the sticker, strange coincidence! Ifyou pm me your address it might ring a bell, I've been to all the Classic Le Mans. Maybe a couple who moved to Scotland but are still members ;)
User avatar
Fonzey
Paid up member
Posts: 579
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:06 pm
Car Details: Lotus Exige S
Contact:

I think you're bang on with it being a couple.

I'm pretty sure I remember our neighbour telling us that "they had lotuses", and the garage is a pretty obvious afterthought (not that I'm complaining, it's the whole reason we moved in!!) compared to the rest of the house which could probably squeeze two lotuses (Loti?) next to each other if I tidied it out :D
Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest