Yellow S1 Elise in Ben Rhydding

Seen another Lotus in the area?
Post Reply
David Thersby
Visitor
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:09 pm
Location: Leeds
Contact:

It's been a while since I've been on here but I've dusted off my login because I've just seen my first S1 Elise in the uk since selling mine 5 years ago! Hard to believe they are such a rare sight these days. It was a belting Sport 135. Owner told me it had been garaged for 4 years and he's only just got it back on the road. 😁🕶
Dave
User avatar
PaulT
Admin Team
Posts: 17438
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:32 am
Car Details: 250 Cup
Location: Near Normanton
Contact:

Well hello there David, how you doing? :wavey
David Thersby
Visitor
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:09 pm
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Hi Paul 🖐
I'm doing good thanks. Although seeing this Elise at close hand brought back a lot of memories - i do miss that car.
Hope you're doing well and everyone in the Nyloc club. Your Avatar suggests you've made a change from the 111s?! Nice.
Best wishes to all.
Dave
Dave
User avatar
PaulT
Admin Team
Posts: 17438
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:32 am
Car Details: 250 Cup
Location: Near Normanton
Contact:

Had to job my memory there...50th anniversary edition, I get that mixed up with the millennium one. Not that they're rocketing in value but they certainly are going towards what they were new for the good ones.

I bought a new MX5 a couple of years back and thought it would be like a comfy Elise and something that I could happily punt around Europe on holiday for years to come. And while it's a really good car, it just didn't give me that confidence. I'd push the Audi A1 more than the Mazda. Kept the Elise in this 'transistion period' while the 0% finance was in play but when it came to the crunch I knew one car had to go. So both cars went. 16 years I had the 111S, it needed to go to a new owner, it was just SORNd while I had the Mazda.

Cup 250. Our survey says.... ding! :ding

How's life in general and could you see yourself getting back in a Lotus?
David Thersby
Visitor
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:09 pm
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Yes 50th anniversary it was - memory not completely shot! 😁 I've kept in touch with the new owner in Denmark so when on our summer Europe tour a couple of years ago we stayed with them for a few days. Car is being very well looked after. I'll have to dig out some pics.
Life is generally good, thanks. A few twists and turns with work but we've successfully got 2 kids up to school age since I last drove the Elise so we're getting by!
I'm proper jealous of your cup 250! Lovely car. Your experience just shows how brilliant these cars are compared to others. You can't compromise if you want pure handling. I do hope to be back in a Lotus one day. Still have the classic camper so not really the space for another occasional car. Things can change tho so it's got to happen one day. 😁
Dave
Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests