Page 2 of 4

Re: Elan Spyder Zetec build project

Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:09 pm
by stratosboy
paintwork has started....at last! - after prep work all summer.
002.JPG
002.JPG (36.9 KiB) Viewed 9318 times
I'll post more as job develops in next few weeks

Re: Elan Spyder Zetec build project

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:02 pm
by stratosboy
a bit more paintwork development....white is on:
Knowsley Hall 2013 030.JPG
Knowsley Hall 2013 030.JPG (33.29 KiB) Viewed 9290 times
Knowsley Hall 2013 027.JPG
Knowsley Hall 2013 027.JPG (33.04 KiB) Viewed 9290 times
Knowsley Hall 2013 028.JPG
Knowsley Hall 2013 028.JPG (30.26 KiB) Viewed 9290 times
Knowsley Hall 2013 029.JPG
Knowsley Hall 2013 029.JPG (32.77 KiB) Viewed 9290 times
more to follow...soon

Re: Elan Spyder Zetec build project

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:21 pm
by Doug
Oh this is getting near now then Dave :up

Just the chassis to fit, connect everything, align everything, fit the dash, and the lights, seats, carpets etc etc. Get it all working, ah well we will see you this time next year then. :lol

Doug :oldie

Re: Elan Spyder Zetec build project

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:38 pm
by stratosboy
'fraid so Doug...I'm not as quick as I used to be!!... getting to time of year when I dont want to go into cold garage at night.
Getting it painted has been a palaver...2 sprayers let me down and this guy is 2 weeks behind schedule now!!
But you're right there's a long way to go yet.
Cheers Dave

Re: Elan Spyder Zetec build project

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:50 pm
by stratosboy
a bit further on...
elan paint 003.JPG
elan paint 003.JPG (35.44 KiB) Viewed 9241 times
elan paint 004.JPG
elan paint 004.JPG (38.47 KiB) Viewed 9241 times
elan paint 002.JPG
elan paint 002.JPG (34.71 KiB) Viewed 9241 times
elan paintwork 002.JPG
elan paintwork 002.JPG (33.21 KiB) Viewed 9241 times
elan paintwork 001.JPG
elan paintwork 001.JPG (29.85 KiB) Viewed 9241 times
elan paint 001.JPG
elan paint 001.JPG (123.13 KiB) Viewed 9241 times
more to follow, chromework is off being re-chromed...

Re: Elan Spyder Zetec build project

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:09 pm
by Doug
Ooooo it's looking good Dave, :up please promise me you WILL NOT fit the front bumper strip with screws in the end. (Real pet hate that one.). Or if the bumper fit is that good don't fit one at all.

Doug. :oldie

Re: Elan Spyder Zetec build project

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:21 pm
by stratosboy
Thanks Doug, don't worry I won't spoil it by using screws...but don't think I'll get away without needing the strip, quite a gap when I put bumper on.
Not looking very yellow yet, but might with next couple of coats.
Dave

Re: Elan Spyder Zetec build project

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:04 pm
by Doug
stratosboy wrote:Thanks Doug, don't worry I won't spoil it by using screws
Good :bravo
stratosboy wrote:...but don't think I'll get away without needing the strip, quite a gap when I put bumper on.
I know it's probably too late now but I guess you have not seen Gary Anderson's post on elan.net on how to get a good fit.

Doug :oldie

Re: Elan Spyder Zetec build project

Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:38 pm
by stratosboy
Thanks Doug I'll have a look at this thread.
things happening quickly now...yellow is on!
elan paint 001.JPG
elan paint 001.JPG (35.22 KiB) Viewed 9214 times
elan paint 002.JPG
elan paint 002.JPG (39.85 KiB) Viewed 9214 times
elan paint 005.JPG
elan paint 005.JPG (34.15 KiB) Viewed 9214 times
:D

Re: Elan Spyder Zetec build project

Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:49 pm
by elanman999
Dave,
That's looking very nice.
Cheers
John

Re: Elan Spyder Zetec build project

Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:03 am
by stratosboy
Thanks John,
I'm hoping to have it back home next week, so will post some more pics then.
Dave

Re: Elan Spyder Zetec build project

Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:11 pm
by Doug
Dave,

PM sent.

Doug :oldie

Re: Elan Spyder Zetec build project

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:18 pm
by stratosboy
Thanks Doug, reply sent.
...a few more received today....
elan paint 004.JPG
elan paint 004.JPG (40.22 KiB) Viewed 9149 times
elan paint 005.JPG
elan paint 005.JPG (43.82 KiB) Viewed 9149 times
elan paint 007.JPG
elan paint 007.JPG (38.42 KiB) Viewed 9149 times
elan paint 008.JPG
elan paint 008.JPG (37.52 KiB) Viewed 9149 times
elan paint 006.JPG
elan paint 006.JPG (43.85 KiB) Viewed 9149 times
more to follow...

Re: Elan Spyder Zetec build project

Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:04 pm
by stratosboy
a few more as body came home today...now build up starts
elan home from painting 001.JPG
elan home from painting 001.JPG (43.88 KiB) Viewed 9121 times
elan home from painting 012.JPG
elan home from painting 012.JPG (49.58 KiB) Viewed 9121 times
elan home from painting 042.JPG
elan home from painting 042.JPG (42.46 KiB) Viewed 9121 times

Re: Elan Spyder Zetec build project

Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:49 pm
by th4neuk
Very nice job :bravo

Cheers

Alan