]]]Hi,
I've moved this from the for sale/wanted section:
recently bought this as an unfinished project and started to prepare body shell, which is a new moulding (sorry don't know where it came from)
[attachment=0]elan build 2012 011.JPG[/attachment
[attachment=0]elan build 2012 001.JPG[/attachment
[attachment=0]Oct 2012 172.JPG[/attachment
Elan Spyder Zetec build project
-
stratosboy
- Visitor
- Posts: 60
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:42 pm
- Car Details: Lotus Exige
- Contact:
- Attachments
-
- Oct 2012 172.JPG (457.53 KiB) Viewed 11923 times
-
- elan build 2012 001.JPG (215.67 KiB) Viewed 11923 times
-
- elan build 2012 011.JPG (365.02 KiB) Viewed 11923 times
-
stratosboy
- Visitor
- Posts: 60
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:42 pm
- Car Details: Lotus Exige
- Contact:
a couple of new developments:
- elanman999
- Visitor
- Posts: 541
- Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:49 pm
- Location: N Yorks
- Contact:
It's good to see the progress being made. Keep up the good work.
Cheers
John
Cheers
John
Elan and +2
-
stratosboy
- Visitor
- Posts: 60
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:42 pm
- Car Details: Lotus Exige
- Contact:
a bit further on, not far off painting now...winter project dash is almost finished.
I'll post more as we go on.
- Doug
- Visitor
- Posts: 2249
- Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 8:03 pm
- Car Details: S4 Elan, S2 Elan & Scruffy
- Location: Darfield nr. Barnsley
- Contact:
The purists ain't gonna like the dash, but I do
Looks like you are going to have a real individual Elan, more pics when you can.
Doug
Looks like you are going to have a real individual Elan, more pics when you can.
Doug
Old Lotus don't die they get fixed and if it cannot be fixed with a BIG hammer then you have an electrical problem.
-
stratosboy
- Visitor
- Posts: 60
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:42 pm
- Car Details: Lotus Exige
- Contact:
Hiya Doug,
Oh...there's a lot with this elan that will upset the purists!! ...ask me if I care?
It will be how I build it and it will be different.
I'll post more as I go on, still messing with doors to get good fit! - these take a while don't they?
Best wishes
Dave
Oh...there's a lot with this elan that will upset the purists!! ...ask me if I care?
It will be how I build it and it will be different.
I'll post more as I go on, still messing with doors to get good fit! - these take a while don't they?
Best wishes
Dave
- Doug
- Visitor
- Posts: 2249
- Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 8:03 pm
- Car Details: S4 Elan, S2 Elan & Scruffy
- Location: Darfield nr. Barnsley
- Contact:
Hi Dave,stratosboy wrote:Hiya Doug,
Oh...there's a lot with this elan that will upset the purists!! ...ask me if I care?
It will be how I build it and it will be different.
I'll post more as I go on, still messing with doors to get good fit! - these take a while don't they?
Best wishes
Dave
I guessed you didn't care
Good luck with the doors they are
Doug
Old Lotus don't die they get fixed and if it cannot be fixed with a BIG hammer then you have an electrical problem.
-
stratosboy
- Visitor
- Posts: 60
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:42 pm
- Car Details: Lotus Exige
- Contact:
another quick updaye...this came today:
so I put it on:
- Doug
- Visitor
- Posts: 2249
- Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 8:03 pm
- Car Details: S4 Elan, S2 Elan & Scruffy
- Location: Darfield nr. Barnsley
- Contact:
Ho ho, I am liking it more by the minute Dave
By the way have you decided on body colour yet ?
I know you don't live over Yorkshire way but you must come and see us at one of our monthly meetings, next year perhaps ?
There will be plenty of bearded chaps wanting to nosey in the engine bay
Keep up the good work, oh I see you tested the water on lotuselan.net about the dash.
There are plenty of folk on there who will appreciate your car though.
Doug
P.S I see you are stocked up with fruit to spend some time in the garage.
By the way have you decided on body colour yet ?
I know you don't live over Yorkshire way but you must come and see us at one of our monthly meetings, next year perhaps ?
There will be plenty of bearded chaps wanting to nosey in the engine bay
Keep up the good work, oh I see you tested the water on lotuselan.net about the dash.
There are plenty of folk on there who will appreciate your car though.
Doug
P.S I see you are stocked up with fruit to spend some time in the garage.
Old Lotus don't die they get fixed and if it cannot be fixed with a BIG hammer then you have an electrical problem.
-
stratosboy
- Visitor
- Posts: 60
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:42 pm
- Car Details: Lotus Exige
- Contact:
Thanks Doug,
I'll definately come over to one of your meets, hoping to be all done by next year,
I'll bring my mate with his 3000 Austin Healy
Keep in touch and let me know when and where.
It's going to be lotus yellow over white - sprint colours.
Should have taken the pics next to the beer fridge, not the fruit bowl!!
more soon,,,
Dave
I'll definately come over to one of your meets, hoping to be all done by next year,
I'll bring my mate with his 3000 Austin Healy
Keep in touch and let me know when and where.
It's going to be lotus yellow over white - sprint colours.
Should have taken the pics next to the beer fridge, not the fruit bowl!!
more soon,,,
Dave





