Page 2 of 2

Re: Hello and help.

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:23 pm
by Moggy
sjw wrote:
El-ahrairah wrote:Sure it wasn't a hair for that damage?
Doubt a hair would do that, maybe a hare, but not a hair
Pedant :bow
I think he means Hairspray not Respray :naughty

Re: Hello and help.

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:36 pm
by El-ahrairah
Ok ok.. I see. Good job I have a sense of humour :bravo

Re: Hello and help.

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:35 pm
by beenatitforyears
Tough luck, looks identical to my damage but also took out the grille. Would be interested to see how the repair goes.

Re: Hello and help.

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:09 am
by Fonzey
El-ahrairah wrote:That's pretty bad. what kind of speed? Sure it wasn't a hare for that damage? you travel same way back till you turn off selby way as I head howden way..

Let me know what Airmyn say/costs as I will potentially be taking my car in soon. Can I just rock up or make a phone call to arrange for them to take a look at my car and give me an idea of cost/work required?

Such a shame this has happened but as you say, would have been even more annoying had the respray just been done.
It could have been a hare, deer, horse, pedestrian tbh. Who knows, it flashed out at the very last moment and then was in orbit shortly afterwards. I have to go a long way home atm as the bypass is closed, so I went through Selby and back out through thorpe willoughby and back down the quick length of the bypass in which I can get to. The road from the bypass into my village is fraught with danger, sheep, pheasants, hares/rabbits, deer and horses have all needed avoiding in the 18months I've lived there.

I think hitting anything at around 60mph will do a good job to that part of the clam unfortunately. I hit a pheasant a few weeks ago and it glanced off the curved part of the clam near the indicator, much stronger and as a result I just needed to brush the skull dust off my clam and off I went.

With Airmyn you can just rock up, though if Phil isn't there I'm not sure the other guys can give an authoritative quote - so it's worth ringing ahead to see if he'll be around before you set off. Don't be discouraged by his steely cold exterior, he's a nice guy really :bravo

Re: Hello and help.

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:10 am
by Fonzey
beenatitforyears wrote:Tough luck, looks identical to my damage but also took out the grille. Would be interested to see how the repair goes.
Hopefully it should be available for scruitiny in the August buckles meet :bravo For the record, Phil @ Airmyn has seen my damage now and he's not too phased by it. Hasn't added a huge amount of $$ to the respray quote, but it won't be ready for the Hangar trip on the 13th :(

Re: Hello and help.

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:06 pm
by El-ahrairah
Ok, will make sure Phil is available when I take mine in.

Good to know they aren't fazed by the work required after tuesday's damage and cost isn't going to be overwhelming for you. Fingers crossed they can get it all sorted and looking fine again.

Re: Hello and help.

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:38 pm
by Crouchy
You could always get a nice big splitter to lessen any future damage as any stray wildlife will be halved in weight by the decapitation device.

Re: Hello and help.

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:02 am
by Fonzey
Splitter is certainly on the shopping list :bravo

Re: Hello and help.

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:17 pm
by PhilD
Fonzey wrote:Welcome to NYLOC, and I know how you feel. Just spanked a bunny on the way home from Buckles, made a right mess :(
Terrible to hear a lotus getting damaged but 'spanked a bunny' was hilarious! :lol :lol

Re: Hello and help.

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:18 pm
by PhilD
El-ahrairah wrote:Ok ok.. I see. Good job I have a sense of humour :bravo
Keep away from the SELOC forum if you didn't like that banter! :lol :lol :D