Page 1 of 4

Elan Spyder Zetec build project

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:01 am
by stratosboy
]]]Hi,
I've moved this from the for sale/wanted section:
recently bought this as an unfinished project and started to prepare body shell, which is a new moulding (sorry don't know where it came from)
010.JPG
010.JPG (350.95 KiB) Viewed 11927 times
[attachment=0]elan build 2012 011.JPG[/attachment
[attachment=0]elan build 2012 001.JPG[/attachment
[attachment=0]Oct 2012 172.JPG[/attachment

Re: Elan Spyder Zetec build project

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:28 am
by Matt R
Shiny :bravo

Re: Elan Spyder Zetec build project

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:31 pm
by Thommo
Lots of nice shiny nuts and bolts, too.

Re: Elan Spyder Zetec build project

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:14 am
by softlips
Great project :bravo

Re: Elan Spyder Zetec build project

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:02 pm
by stratosboy
a couple of new developments:
Feb 2013 018.JPG
Feb 2013 018.JPG (268.61 KiB) Viewed 11807 times
Feb 2013 017.JPG
Feb 2013 017.JPG (254.92 KiB) Viewed 11807 times
Feb 2013 013.JPG
Feb 2013 013.JPG (225.54 KiB) Viewed 11807 times
Feb 2013 012.JPG
Feb 2013 012.JPG (248.25 KiB) Viewed 11807 times
Feb 2013 011.JPG
Feb 2013 011.JPG (195.49 KiB) Viewed 11807 times

Re: Elan Spyder Zetec build project

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:49 pm
by DunxS1
Great thread, keep up the updates and pictures, really interesting project. :bravo

Re: Elan Spyder Zetec build project

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:48 pm
by elanman999
It's good to see the progress being made. Keep up the good work.
Cheers
John

Re: Elan Spyder Zetec build project

Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:58 pm
by Baldy FF
:bravo

Re: Elan Spyder Zetec build project

Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:59 pm
by stratosboy
July 2013 006.JPG
July 2013 006.JPG (97.49 KiB) Viewed 11500 times
July 2013 007.JPG
July 2013 007.JPG (103.2 KiB) Viewed 11500 times

a bit further on, not far off painting now...winter project dash is almost finished.
I'll post more as we go on.

Re: Elan Spyder Zetec build project

Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:10 pm
by Doug
The purists ain't gonna like the dash, but I do :up

Looks like you are going to have a real individual Elan, more pics when you can.

Doug :oldie

Re: Elan Spyder Zetec build project

Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:52 pm
by stratosboy
Hiya Doug,
Oh...there's a lot with this elan that will upset the purists!! ...ask me if I care?
It will be how I build it and it will be different.
I'll post more as I go on, still messing with doors to get good fit! - these take a while don't they?
Best wishes
Dave

Re: Elan Spyder Zetec build project

Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:47 pm
by Doug
stratosboy wrote:Hiya Doug,
Oh...there's a lot with this elan that will upset the purists!! ...ask me if I care?
It will be how I build it and it will be different.
I'll post more as I go on, still messing with doors to get good fit! - these take a while don't they?
Best wishes
Dave
Hi Dave,

I guessed you didn't care ;) I am looking forward to seeing your efforts in the flesh as and when :up
Good luck with the doors they are :poo aren't they :roll

Doug :oldie

Re: Elan Spyder Zetec build project

Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:14 pm
by stratosboy
another quick updaye...this came today:
Elan BDA cover 001.JPG
Elan BDA cover 001.JPG (160.88 KiB) Viewed 11458 times
so I put it on:
Elan BDA cover 013.JPG
Elan BDA cover 013.JPG (193.23 KiB) Viewed 11458 times
Elan BDA cover 009.JPG
Elan BDA cover 009.JPG (176.13 KiB) Viewed 11458 times

Re: Elan Spyder Zetec build project

Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:10 pm
by Doug
Ho ho, I am liking it more by the minute Dave :bravo

By the way have you decided on body colour yet ?

I know you don't live over Yorkshire way but you must come and see us at one of our monthly meetings, next year perhaps ?
There will be plenty of bearded chaps wanting to nosey in the engine bay :up

Keep up the good work, oh I see you tested the water on lotuselan.net about the dash.
There are plenty of folk on there who will appreciate your car though.

Doug :oldie

P.S I see you are stocked up with fruit to spend some time in the garage. ;)

Re: Elan Spyder Zetec build project

Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:26 pm
by stratosboy
Thanks Doug,
I'll definately come over to one of your meets, hoping to be all done by next year,
I'll bring my mate with his 3000 Austin Healy
Keep in touch and let me know when and where.
It's going to be lotus yellow over white - sprint colours.
Should have taken the pics next to the beer fridge, not the fruit bowl!!
more soon,,,
Dave