Service history opinions
Did a search on MLOC and found the members name and a brief description of mods the car has (4-2-1 manifold, hurricane induction kit, B & C sports exhaust and sports cat).
He never posted on the forum and hasn't been on it for over a year though so not hopeful I'll get a reply from him before I need to make a decision in the morning.
Have to say having done more research and got more opinions the other Elise I saw with a service history gap is looking a better bet. It's had 4 owners so the gap could be explained by an owner doing servicing themselves, which makes the very good condition less of an anomaly.
This is all very tricky - as I've been told a few times, you don't buy a Lotus with your head!
He never posted on the forum and hasn't been on it for over a year though so not hopeful I'll get a reply from him before I need to make a decision in the morning.
Have to say having done more research and got more opinions the other Elise I saw with a service history gap is looking a better bet. It's had 4 owners so the gap could be explained by an owner doing servicing themselves, which makes the very good condition less of an anomaly.
This is all very tricky - as I've been told a few times, you don't buy a Lotus with your head!
- PaulT
- Admin Team
- Posts: 17438
- Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:32 am
- Car Details: 250 Cup
- Location: Near Normanton
- Contact:
4-2-1 is a good mod on a 111S and a sports cat is a fair chunk of money too. If you go for that car, make sure it passes its MOT with that cat in place otherwise you'll be wanting one of those at wallet-melting prices.
Have you tried posting an open question about the car on MLOC? The others on there might know the guy or the car.
Have you tried posting an open question about the car on MLOC? The others on there might know the guy or the car.
Yeah I've asked about the member and the car. I did wonder about the MOT-being new to Lotuses things are beginning to stack up against one I don't fully understand or am confident about. Hard to walk away from what is probably a very good car but gut feeling is to let someone with more experience have it.
Would you believe it - the previous owner called me this morning and is emailing me copies of all the paperwork he has! Cheers Nick from MLOC.
Just as I thought I'd made my decision!!
Just as I thought I'd made my decision!!
- PaulT
- Admin Team
- Posts: 17438
- Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:32 am
- Car Details: 250 Cup
- Location: Near Normanton
- Contact:
Big money but lovely noise. One of our members has a 4-2-1 (not sure what make) + larini club sport + larini cat and it's the best noise I've ever heard out of an Elise.ad111s wrote:I got a price a Larini sports cat for the k series yesterday, £440+vat
- albutch
- Visitor
- Posts: 9585
- Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:43 pm
- Car Details: Elise S2 111S and Excel SA
- Location: Dunrobin
- Contact:
If you're talking about my car, its a Janspeed.PaulT wrote: Big money but lovely noise. One of our members has a 4-2-1 (not sure what make)
Martin (softlips), a bit more than that for an S2.
If it is still, take a photo of it. If it moves, take a photo of it.
- AlanS
- Visitor
- Posts: 631
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:05 pm
- Car Details: Evora
- Location: Wakefield
- Contact:
I had the full Larini system on my old S2 Elise including a decat. The noise was superb. You may recall however, that after last year's Abeville trip, I got rid as it was unbearable over any distance.PaulT wrote: Big money but lovely noise. One of our members has a 4-2-1 (not sure what make) + larini club sport + larini cat and it's the best noise I've ever heard out of an Elise.
Regards,
Alan
Alan





