albutch wrote:Have you forgotten me already?yasmar wrote:Some of the members have purple knobs and best avoided.![]()
Some wear 'T' shirts produced by three year olds.![]()
Some stand around for years bemoaning their weight loss only to add weight by applying some odd black ink).![]()
Some are "not being fanny' (and trust me they are not).![]()
Some bring a different woman to every meeting.![]()
Some can't find a woman (sorry Rasputin).![]()
Some are just plain boring talking about their Lotus.![]()
Some of them come in Porsches and talk about Lotus.![]()
Some pretend to be journalists (do not go near the one from the Daily Star).![]()
None of the S1 drivers have![]()
RobD is so small you won't notice him anyway.![]()
Those with beards speak a different language and are really from Mars (Venus if they drive a S1).
You will recognise the members from Yorkshire from the chip on their shoulder.![]()
Bald members tend to be the loudest.![]()
Older members tend to sit in the corner. :![]()
Doug is the one with the interpreter.![]()
Dave is the one without the joke book.![]()
Moggy is the one you don't leave your girlfriend/boyfriend with. Jane you definately would.![]()
Some are sarcastic all the time Hogan just some of it.![]()
PT is in fact a geek.![]()
SJW wants your money.![]()
Ishy always has a lot on his plate.![]()
Some organise great events.
Some are accomplished competitors (one definately isn't).
Some are leaders, others just follow.
Some are gregarious, some are reserved.
Some have great cars, some think they have.
Some drive really fast some can drive fast.
Some are close friends, others are not.
Some join in straight away others take their time.
Some are keyboard warriors, others observe.
Bed is somewhere you eat.![]()
I can perhaps see why you may have found saying hello difficult.
Next time 'Just do it'
Heading to the Buckles Inn for a scout around.
- Ishy
- Admin Team
- Posts: 2437
- Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 11:16 pm
- Car Details: Elise 111R..SC
- Location: York
- Contact:
A top tip from me would be to travel with other members who live in your area. I found this useful when back in the day a run down to the Buckles was organised. Its a lot easier to turn up with other members if your new.
I've not been for a while for a variety of reasons but give it a second chance.
Where do you live?
I've not been for a while for a variety of reasons but give it a second chance.
Where do you live?
- El-ahrairah
- Paid up member
- Posts: 1857
- Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:12 am
- Car Details: Aspen White Exige S
- Contact:
I live Howden/goole way. Closest people I'd assume would be in York. It's not a bad tip. I guess I just assumed when turning up and getting out I'd get a hello off somebody. My mistake I suppose. Will consider coming again.LEE71 wrote:A top tip from me would be to travel with other members who live in your area. I found this useful when back in the day a run down to the Buckles was organised. Its a lot easier to turn up with other members if your new.
I've not been for a while for a variety of reasons but give it a second chance.![]()
Where do you live?
- Thommo
- Paid up member
- Posts: 1812
- Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:08 pm
- Car Details: S1 Exige
- Location: Churchtown,Lancs
- Contact:
Honestly, you turn your back for five minutes and a fight breaks out.
I was lucky enough to meet Nyloc1 and gang at a car show on the other side of the Pennines .Then I was introduced to the delights of a Nyloc meeting by two existing members (both, like me, from Lancashire) and have never looked back.
Please try again . . .Yasmar might even add an apt description of you to his very comprehensive, and amusing, list.
I was lucky enough to meet Nyloc1 and gang at a car show on the other side of the Pennines .Then I was introduced to the delights of a Nyloc meeting by two existing members (both, like me, from Lancashire) and have never looked back.
Please try again . . .Yasmar might even add an apt description of you to his very comprehensive, and amusing, list.






